History

Grace Baptist was organized in 1907 with the original church building completed and named North Durham Baptist Church, with 54 charter members. The land was donated by Fred Geer for a missionary church in what was then just outside the city limits, when Trinity Avenue was called Geer's Avenue, according to church history. The property today is a city block bordered by by Roxboro, Mangum, Trinity and Seeman streets.